Simple Pet Care Solutions
Welcome To Little Paws Pet Club

Hello and welcome to Little Paws Pet Club! My name is "Little" and I'm the President of Little Paws Pet Club. If you want to be part of our club, just stop in and enjoy all of the free pet information that we share! Be sure to take part in our club by leaving your comments too! Check back often for lots of free pet ideas, pet patterns, healthy pet recipes and more! Thanks for stopping in! Your Little Paws Pet Club President~Little~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Can't Find Something?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please Scroll Down To View All Of Our Free Pet Recipes And Ideas!
Please Read This Post Before Continuing

I have created this site as a means to assemble all of my pet information in an organized, fun and easy to reference manor.

Of course I am not a veterinarian, so I can not guarantee the accuracy or safety of any information posted here. Before using any of the information contained in this blog, please consult with a veterinarian to be sure that the recipes, pet toys, patterns or other ideas posted here are appropriate for your pet.

Note: All of the patterns, recipes, information and instructions posted here are my own original writings, thoughts and ideas and are not to be copied for distribution or resale.

I have always loved and owned pets of all kinds. I hope that you enjoy visiting my pet blog and stop back often for lots of fun.

11/27/06

How To Make A Snuggly Parrot Toy

If you own a parrot, you probbably know how expensive parrot toys can be! Here is a great parrot toy that is easy to make and inexpensive too! This snuggly parrot toy is made of polar fleece which can be purchased inexpensively at most discount department stores. All you need to make this parrot toy is some polar fleece and a pair of scissors! I also added some natural rope to my parrot toy to make it more interesting for my parrot. (small rope is also available at most discount department stores in the hobby section) Adding the natural rope to this toy adds even more interesting textures for my parrot to explore. To make this fun parrot toy, I first cut off about a one yard length of the selvage edge of my polar fleece to use as the center "rope" of the parrot toy. Next I cut two yards of polar fleece into strips approximately 7 or 8 inches wide. You can use two or more different colors of fleece to make a more colorful toy if you like. I then cut the polar fleece strips into smaller pieces approximately 2 by 8 inches wide. Once I cut the polar fleece strips into smaller pieces, I tied a double knot in one end of the selvage "rope." After knotting the end of the selvage, I simply tied each of the smaller strips of polar fleece onto the longer "rope."I tied each 2 by 8 inch piece of polar fleece onto my fleece "rope" with a single knot and secured it tightly. After attatching each of the smaller pieces of polar fleece to the "rope," be sure to push them down snuggly towards the knotted end.Between every two peices of fleece that I attatched to the center fleece "rope" I tied on a 12 inch piece of natural rope which I double knotted and then pushed snuggly toward the knotted end of the fleece "rope."I continued tying the fleece strip and the natural rope pieces onto my fleece "rope" until I had made my parrot toy the length that I wanted.I used the unfinished end of my fleece "rope" to tie my new snuggly parrot toy tight against the top wire of my parrots cage. I then cut off the overhanging remaining "rope." My Blue and Gold Macaw loves his suggly toy! He plays with it all day and at night he even pulls it under his feet and snuggles up with it to sleep!

No comments: