Simple Pet Care Solutions
Welcome To Little Paws Pet Club

Hello and welcome to Little Paws Pet Club! My name is "Little" and I'm the President of Little Paws Pet Club. If you want to be part of our club, just stop in and enjoy all of the free pet information that we share! Be sure to take part in our club by leaving your comments too! Check back often for lots of free pet ideas, pet patterns, healthy pet recipes and more! Thanks for stopping in! Your Little Paws Pet Club President~Little~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Can't Find Something?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please Scroll Down To View All Of Our Free Pet Recipes And Ideas!
Please Read This Post Before Continuing

I have created this site as a means to assemble all of my pet information in an organized, fun and easy to reference manor.

Of course I am not a veterinarian, so I can not guarantee the accuracy or safety of any information posted here. Before using any of the information contained in this blog, please consult with a veterinarian to be sure that the recipes, pet toys, patterns or other ideas posted here are appropriate for your pet.

Note: All of the patterns, recipes, information and instructions posted here are my own original writings, thoughts and ideas and are not to be copied for distribution or resale.

I have always loved and owned pets of all kinds. I hope that you enjoy visiting my pet blog and stop back often for lots of fun.

11/16/06

Sweet Potatoe Nut Balls

I got this recipe from my friend Soc who is a Blue and Gold Macaw. I'm not sure if they are called nut balls because there are nuts in them, or if they are named after Soc. Tee Hee! Soc says that most parrots really love this recipe! Soc also told me that you can add any other ingredients to this recipe that your feathered friend likes such as oatmeal, raisins, coconut, fruits, vegetables, peanut butter, Spaghetti and meatballs...Ooops, not spaghetti and meatballs (my mistake). This natural bird recipe looks Tasty! Give it a try for your feathered nut ball.

Sweet Potatoe Nut Balls
1 large sweet potato cooked until soft
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
1 mashed banana
1 cup fresh or frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup diced apples
1 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, corn flakes or granola cereal
unsweetened fruit juice

In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients with enough unsweetened fruit juice to be able to form the mixture into small balls. Place the sweet potatoe nut balls in a closed container and store in freezer. Defrost before serving.

I hope that your feathered friends enjoy this recipe! Got a great parrot recipe? Share it in the comments below! Until next time! Your Little Paws Pet Club President, Little

No comments: